Moll Adossat, 1, 08039 Barcelona, Spain
Facilities and Services
Number of Destinations
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

After contacting Port Adventures on the Disney Magic & Disney Cruise Line, only an apology was offered. Others aboard the cruise were compensated aboard the ship, however, my husband and I were not compensated and our concerns were not addressed.

Email to Disney Cruise Lines:

Good morning!

My husband and I sailed on the Disney Magic from May 26-June 2nd. This was our second cruise that we had sailed with Disney and our top choice due to our first experience with Disney Cruise Lines. We decided to try out Disney Port Adventures for the four ports that we would be at while on the cruise. As a teacher, this was especially important to me as I teach Roman and Greek history, and an experience of a lifetime for me to relate back to my students. We specifically chose the NP08 (Mt. Vesuvius Hike & Pompeii) and CV44 (Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, Colosseum) for two of our four excursions. After the Mt. Vesuvius hike & visiting Pompeii, I was truly disappointed in the time that was allotted to hike up/down as well as the short Pompeii tour of something full of rich history and art. When you arrive at Pompeii, there are numbers for an audio tour that go through each building and we did not have access to that. Our guide spent almost an hour touching on some key points, but that is all the time that was allowed. We were only shown one of the cast of bodies that encased in that moment of time. It was such a disappointment to not be able to enjoy this historical moment in person and be allotted more time as well as seeing important historical moments. The next day, we went on the CV44 tour which was again, another disappointment. After the tour, I went to the customer service at Port Adventures and spoke to a female, Preshauna, who identified herself as a manager. As I explained our disappoint regarding the first two tours, she remarked that she was sorry that we didn't enjoy our tour guide. I explained to Preshauna that the tour guide wasn't the issue. Both tour guides were knowledgeable and polite......it was how the tour was ran. I detailed the second port adventure in the attachment. After submitting it, I did not hear any further response. The other two excursions that we booked were absolutely fantastic, so it wasn't a complete crap-shoot. I left Port Adventures feeling that my voice was not valued and while other guests were accommodated with items/events that would make their cruise more "magical", our disappointment was not even touched on. The two excursions that I valued the most were the most disappointing....something that I have looked forward to the past 14 years of teaching.

Kristina Johnson

Response from Disney:

Dear Kristina,

Thank you for your message to Disney Cruise Line.

We appreciate the time you took to write to us. I am so sorry for any disappointment with the Port Adventures you selected on your recent cruise. We work very hard to provide our Guests the best excursions available in the ports of call we visit, and I apologize if these two particular Port Adventures did not meet your expectations. Please know that your comments are taken seriously and have been shared with our Shipboard and Shoreside Leadership. You may be assured that your remarks will be evaluated, in conjunction with comments from other Guests, in order to determine where any future changes may be necessary as we continually assess these independent vendors with whom we partner. Again, I truly apologize for any disappointment and we are genuinely grateful for your valuable feedback.

In addition, I truly apologize if any of our Crew Members did not convey to you the courtesy, professionalism, and follow-through you've come to expect from Disney. We are very proud of the reputation we have achieved in terms of family entertainment and Guest service and realize how important it is that all of our Cast and Crew Members continually exemplify those standards. Your concerns about our Port Adventures team have been taken very seriously and will be shared with the appropriate shipboard teams.

Please know that I am usually available Thursday through Monday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. EST at 407-566-4028 should you like to discuss your experience further.

Kristina, thank you again for your honest and constructive feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family aboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Jose Colomba

Executive Guest Correspondent

Disney Cruise Line

407-566-4028

I liked: Amazing wait staff, Delicious food.

I didn't like: Port adventures customer service.

Comments