2.2
Facilities and Services
Number of Destinations
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

My wife and I and my two daughters and their kids age 12 & 15 recently took a Disney Dream 3 day cruise. Living next to port canaveral my wife and I have taken many cruises 15 at last count with the various cruise lines that dock here.

My grand daughters talked me into doing the Disney Magic since we had never gone on a Disney trip. Honestly the cruise was not worth the price. Starting out we found out that when we were ready to dock at Nassau it was raining so hard that the ship had people with umbrellas to take them to transportation, providing they were going on a ships "scheduled" excursion. Everyone else had to wear rain covers if they bought them the night before since the stores were closed in port.

When we left the weather was still horrible and we never went to Disney's private island because the ship could not dock. So we basically had to stay in our room and watch tv the entire time. The two shows were OK but overcrowded and why was one show repeated on two nights? Surely the staff could have put on a different show.

As far as my family was concerned, we could have done the same thing at the nearest Holiday Inn and movie theater for 20% of the cost. The comment card is not very effective since I had no complaint about the housekeeping staff or the dinner serving staff. However, the other staff seemed to think that you should be entertained enough in the inside bars. For some one who doesnt drink this trip was a bust.

I will take the kids on a week long cruise on one of the other cruise lines since it will be approximately the same cost as the Disney 3 day. I don't need to worry about the grandkids missing the characters since the rain forced them inside for a short time and left many people standing for a photo op when they left. Tried the cruise once and never again- too expensive for what you get, no contingencies for the customers when weather thwarts the crew.

Dr. Steve Dutczak

Review about: Disney Cruise Line Cruise.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Potential for a great trip for grandkids.

I didn't like: No contingencey for bad weather.

Comments

Not sure how Disney Cruise Line is responsible for inclement weather???